VLK Architects is seeking full-time Architectural Interns with a professional degree (Bachelors or Masters of Architecture) that have 2-5 years of experience. Under the supervision of Architects, individual will perform routine architectural assignments, including developing design and technical solutions, producing construction drawings, and assisting with construction administrative tasks. Candidates will be required to work at a steady, even pace to promote accuracy and quality of work. A technical and analytical focus is desired, along with the ability to work within established systems, standards, and procedures. Decision-making by the candidate will be made within a clearly defined job scope, supported by their supervisor, based on existing policies and procedures.
VLK Architects encourages a collaborative approach in structured job environment, with helpful, supportive communication between management and peers.
- Assists in the development of design concepts, including site design
- Prepare schematic design documents, along with presentation materials
- Assist in the preparation of design development documents
- Production of construction drawings
- Review of shop drawings, product data, and samples.
- Coordination of consultant documents and drawings
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree from a NAAB accredited University.
- 2‐5 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit Architecture.
- Knowledge of Adobe products, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point)
VLK Architects offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits such as generous medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays, and more. Positions are available in both Fort Worth and Houston offices. Please email your resume to Charles Johnson. No phone calls please.