Dr. Dalane E. BouillionChief Development Officer
"Our belief in Texas public education grounds my passion to bridge the instructional intentions of our clients, educators, with the design talents of our architects in order to create purposeful learning environments that support teaching and learning. It is my responsibility to remain current with instructional methodologies in order to be a thought leader for both our clients and our firm."
As Chief Development Officer, Dalane Bouillion leads strategic groups and catalyzes firm-wide improvements to create a positive and productive culture. Her responsibilities include empowering departments and other leaders to solve problems, simplify complexity, and turn the unfamiliar into the familiar. She listens, asks essential and complex questions, and helps to improve relationships between staff and leadership. As a born educator, Dalane also oversees VLK's Educational Planning team. Dalane has devoted her career to serving public education, first as a teacher, then as an assistant superintendent, and chief academic officer before joining VLK. Her work with VLK and scholarly research intersects in the study of learning environments that impact student engagement. Serving our public education clients with an extraordinary depth of experience and firsthand knowledge, Dalane leads in uniting the priorities of the district’s curricula with our design strategies. When architects and educators work together, Dalane contends, the most dynamic and innovative educational environments are born.
Thought Leadership Presentations:
- 2017 Co-Presenter - "Designing a Culture as Opposed to Designing Spaces," EDspaces Annual Conference; Kansas City, Missouri
- 2017 Co-Presenter - "The Impact of Learning Environments on Student Engagement," Texas Association of School Administrators/Texas Association of School Boards Annual Conference; Dallas, Texas
- 2017 Co-Presenter - "Exhibiting Opportunity: AISD Career + Technical Center," Texas Association of School Administrators/Texas Association of School Boards Annual Conference; Dallas, Texas
- 2017 Co-Presenter - "Allen ISD STEAM Center: Designing Experiences for Kindergarteners to Seniors," Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Annual Conference; Austin, Texas
- 2016 Co-Presenter - "Exhibiting Opportunity," Texas Association of School Administrators/Texas Association of School Boards Annual Conference; Houston, Texas
- 2016 Co-Presenter - "Unique Kids Deserve Unique Spaces," Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Annual Conference; Austin, Texas