Kenneth R. HutchensChief Creative Officer
"It's our sense of responsibility to our clients, users and communities, that drives us to seek out answers to questions others don't ask, allowing us to create adaptable buildings which exceed expectations and contribute to the everyday experience of those that come in contact with the buildings we design."
As Chief Creative Officer, Ken Hutchens drives the brand, strategic output, and design philosophies at both the organizational and individual project levels. For more than 33 years, Ken has completed hundreds of project types in the pre-K-12, higher education, healthcare, commercial, and civic and cultural sectors. An expert solutions designer, Ken orchestrates the synthesis of processes and ideas to carry out mutually preferred scenarios for clients and their stakeholders. Continually focused on refining and improving VLK’s services, Ken crafts both conventional and novel approaches that best serve the client’s needs and most effectively inform the basis of our designs.
Thought Leadership Presentations:
- 2018 Co-Presenter - "Impact of School Design on Student Engagement," SxSWEDU Conference; Austin, Texas
- 2018 Co-Presenter - "Designing the Learning Environment Using Student Learning Styles," Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Annual Conference; Austin, Texas
- 2018 Co-Presenter - "The Impact of Learning Environments on Student Engagement," Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Annual Conference; Austin, Texas
- 2017 Co-Presenter - "Designing a Culture as Opposed to Designing Spaces," EDspaces 2017 Annual Conference; Kansas City, Missouri
- 2016 Co-Presente - "Unique Kids Deserving Unique Spaces," Texas Association of School Administrators Midwinter Annual Conference; Austin, Texas